2 161 s

Topics explored in year 7, 8 and 9 are used to look at the elements of art as well as developing skills in a broad range of materials and techniques. They will also develop skills needed at GCSE Art, Craft and Design such as analyzing artwork and developing ideas based on artists studied. Projects look at a broad range of contemporary, modern and historical artists, craftspeople and designers. They have the opportunity to work in a wide range of media including 3D.

Extracurricular art club runs once a week with Miss Reeve until 4pm. All students are welcome.

Year 7

Year 8

Year 9


GCSE Art and Design

At GCSE Art, Craft & Design, students will work with several different themes such as Still Life, Mixed Media and Sculpture. Throughout the course, students will link their work to that of artists, crafts people and designers, focusing on both contemporary and traditional movements through both practical and written annotation. As part of their course, students will have the opportunity to experience and produce art first hand. Students will be encouraged to develop creativity, technical skills associated with Art, Craft & Design practice, self-confidence and an enthusiasm and passion for the wide range of different types of Art worldwide. Students have access to and are encouraged to experiment in a wide range of materials such as, paint, pencil, pastel, collage,
printmaking, wire-modeling, textiles and three- dimensional work. GCSE Art, Craft & Design is a very broad course, which allows students to incorporate their own personal interests and ideas in to their work. Artwork is displayed around the school and on show during other extra-curricular events.

2 164 sStudents are required to produce a coursework portfolio of work throughout Years 10 and 11.  Every piece of this is looked at in the final assessment, which equates to 60% of the final GCSE grade. This coursework must include practical skills, annotation/ written elements explaining ideas as they develop, sketchbooks and pieces based on knowledge of the work of other artists, and designers. The remaining 40% of the GCSE grade is obtained through preparatory work and a ten hour externally set task, which students sit in the Spring Term of Year 11. Students will be expected to attend GCSE Art club once a week from 3pm to 4pm and complete and extend coursework for Home Learning.

Year 10

Year 11